Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You May Find Yourself In Another Part Of The World

One full day later, here I am blogging from Ghana. This isn't like South Africa - no ultramodern city to ease one into the experience of being Elsewhere. No, this is Africa proper. In a way, it's less shocking - there isn't the experience of driving out of the airport and seeing the city, looking like it could easily be western Europe, on one side, and the townships, in all their raucous poverty, on the other. This is fill-immersion - rather than a nice Westernised hotel, we're staying at the Ghanain Registered Nurses' Association hostel. We've done a day of orientation at the University of Ghana, and tomorrow we venture out into the realities of Ghana - in fact, we're already starting homestay. The excitement is incredible, yet I'm pretty clam - I guess I have an idea of what to expect, plus in a way I welcome the promise of the Unknown. This will be an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home