Thursday, December 28, 2006

End Year Music Roundup

Now, I have show reviews to write still, but I haven't gotten to them and I don't know how my net access will be over the next couple weeks (I'll be in Ecuador), so I'll post my top albums of the year now.

Here's the quick roundup. Top 14 albums of the years, since there were 14 I thought worthy, and in no particular order:
World/Inferno Friendship Society - Red-Eyed Soul
Mission of Burma - the Obliterati
Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain
the Evens - Get Evens
Channels - Waiting for the Next End of the World
Ef - Give Me Beauty... Or Give Me Death!
Envy - Insomniac Doze
the Thermals - the Body, the Blood, the Machine
Liars - Drum's Not Dead
Red Sparowes - Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun
Fucked Up - Hidden World
Young Widows - Settle Down City
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
Boris - Pink

Show of the Year: State-X New Forms with Sonic Youth, Mono, Magik Markers, Circle, No Neck Blues Band, Clark, My Cat is an Alien, Danielson, and many more in Den Haag.

Album I'm most excited for next year: Iggy and the Stooges - Weirdness (What the hell are the Stooges doing releasing a new album anyway?)

Have a good new year, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home